VET compliance instructions
This page provides instructions for staff responsible for
- managing Vocational Education and Training (VET) program and courses, and
- providing academic services for these to ensure compliance with funding and regulatory requirements
Why compliance matters
Provision of VET programs and courses is tightly regulated. The risks of non-compliance with the Service Agreement with Higher Education and Skills (formerly Skills Victoria), include possible loss of funding. It is essential that staff responsible for VET programs understand and apply the instructions on this page.
The Service Agreement
The instructions on this page are designed to ensure compliance with the 2012 TAFE Performance Agreement for Training Services Delivery (the Service Agreement). Staff who wish to understand the basis of these instructions should read the Extracts of the relevant sections of the Service Agreement (PDF 2.58 MB, 34p).
A large number of terms and acronyms are used in provision of VET programs and courses. These may be unfamiliar to some readers. See the Definitions for instructions on compliance in Vocational Education and Training program management and academic administration.
Program approval-related guidelines
These guidelines are supporting documents of the Program quality assurance policy for TAFE and Higher Education coursework programs and the Program approvals for TAFE and HE coursework programs procedure.
Credit and RPL-related instructions
These instructions are supporting documents of the Credit policy and Recognition of prior learning and recognition of current competency procedure:
These instructions are supporting documents of the Enrolment policy:
- Evidence of student participation in Higher Education and Skills (HES) sponsored training
- Fee exemptions for prisoners from the Judv Lazarus Transition Centre and young people required to undertake a course of study pursuant to a community based order
- Job Seeker referral
- Managing requirements for apprentices and trainees
- Managing class swaps - VET
- NEIS Program, School of Business TAFE contract
- Pre-training review for VET students