Authority and responsibility for authorising staff travel
Responsibility of PVC’s, Heads of School, Directors and above
PVC’s, Heads of School, Directors and above are responsible for ensuring that all travel is appropriately authorised prior to departure and that the reimbursement of such travel and other expenses are appropriately authorised.
Responsibilities of the traveller
RMIT staff are responsible for:
- Ensuring that all airfare and accommodation, paid for by RMIT, is booked through CT Connections and Navigator Travel.
- Ensuring that CT Connections and Navigator Travel provide multiple quotes/alternative itineraries (see Definition of Terms) for all international travel (where possible) and attaching them to the completed Travel Authority for authorisation prior to departure.
- Choosing the most suitable and cost effective airfare and accommodation from the alternative itineraries provided by CT Connections and Navigator Travel.
- Providing a comprehensive Travel Diary upon completion of travel.
- Completing the Business Expense Report, providing original receipts or other proof of amounts actually spent for any item for which reimbursement is claimed, and
- Obtaining guidance on the limits and conditions that apply to any particular type of expense.