Support for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students
Did you know there are approximately 250 Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students at RMIT? We provide you with cultural and study support, so you can achieve your goals at RMIT.
We understand the challenges that you face if you don’t come from Melbourne nor have family who live here. That’s why we:
- assist you to apply to RMIT through the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Access Scheme
- encourage our you to apply for ATSI scholarships and assist you with the application process
- run the Gama-dji tertiary skills program before semester starts. It includes social and cultural activities, study preparation courses and networking
- work with you, matching you with suitably qualified tutors, so you can achieve your academic goals
- encourage you to take up leadership opportunities, attend conferences and have a global experience