Diploma of Commerce
- All students
- Program code: DP003
CRICOS code: 065386F
This program is for international students only
This general introduction to business studies will equip you with specific business skills and broader capabilities like communication, problem solving and self-management.
1 year full-time
Learning and teaching
RMIT offers a variety of learning and teaching approaches including lectures, seminars, studios, workshops, presentations, group discussions and syndicate work. These are primarily in English.
You will have access to the Learning Hub and other online and digital resources through the MyRMIT student portal.
Ongoing assessment throughout the semester includes examinations, essays, reports, oral classes, presentations, group projects, research projects, laboratory projects and practical assignments.
Concurrent English studies are embedded into our Business courses to allow you to prepare for success in higher education study.
Courses in this program include: accounting, business computing, business statistics, commercial law, macroeconomics, marketing, microeconomics and organisational behaviour.
The following program structure(s) is an example of what students are currently studying in this program.
Guiding the development of the College of Business, both nationally and internationally, is an Industry Advisory Board of high-profile executives chaired by Gerhard Vorster, Chief Strategy Officer, Deloitte. The Board creates a strategic bridge between the latest in technology and design thinking and business.
RMIT University is committed to providing you with an education that strongly links formal learning with professional or vocational practice.
Program entry requirements
You must have successfully completed an Australian Year 12 or an equivalent senior secondary school qualification with a minimum average of 50%.
For information on international qualifications and corresponding entry requirements that are equivalent to an Australian Year 12, see the Entry requirements by country web page.
Equivalent qualifications may also include completion of the RMIT Foundation Studies program or a recognised post secondary diploma in the relevant discipline with the required grades.
English language requirements:
To study this program you will need to complete the Academic IELTS with an overall band of 5.5 and no individual band below 5.0.
For detailed information on English language requirements and other proficiency tests recognised by RMIT, visit English language requirements.
Don't meet the English language test scores? You can complete the Englishg for Academic Purposes (EAP) program at an appropriate level at RMIT English Worldwide.
How to apply
1. Check program entry requirements and confirm you're eligible.
2. Ensure you have your supporting documents ready - this includes certified copies of all academic transcripts.
3. Complete and submit your application using one of the following options:
- Apply online. Please read these important notes before proceeding.
- Print and complete the Application form for international students (PDF 315 KB 4p) and submit following the instructions on the form.
- Use a registered RMIT representative in your country.
There are no application deadlines for international students; however, we encourage you to apply early as acceptance into programs is subject to the availability of places. An application fee may apply.
Learn more about the International application process.
- In addition to tuition fees you are required to pay the Student services and amenities fee (SSAF) in each calendar year.
- All international student visa holders are required to maintain valid Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) for the total duration of their visa.
- Some programs incur additional expenses.
- Here is an estimate cost of living you can expect to pay each year.
For further information about this program, please make an enquiry.
Although RMIT endeavours to ensure the accuracy of this information, there is no guarantee it will remain accurate all year. Applicants are advised to confirm program details with the appropriate school before making an application.