Bachelor of Business (Entrepreneurship)
- Local students
- International students
- Program code: BP030
- CRICOS code: 037963K
- Campus: City campus
Driven by innovation and developed with industry partners, this market-leading program gives you the confidence and entrepreneurial skills to launch and manage exciting new business ventures.
You'll be exposed to the ideas and strategies of some of Australia's newest and established entrepreneurs and work in student teams to develop joint venture concepts.
By the end of the program you should be able to think critically, communicate effectively and manage a new business in today's globally competitive business environment.
3 years full-time
International student visa holders can only study full-time.
Learning and teaching
RMIT's new Swanston Academic Building offers interactive lecture and tutorial spaces, lectorial theatres, small-group rooms and other innovative spaces.
RMIT offers a variety of learning and teaching approaches including lectures, seminars, studios, workshops, presentations, group discussions and syndicate work. These are primarily in English.
You will have access to the Learning Hub and other online and digital resources through the myRMIT student portal.
Ongoing assessment throughout the semester includes examinations, essays, reports, oral classes, presentations, group projects, research projects, laboratory projects and practical assignments.
The program consists of 24 courses (each 12 credit points) and includes:
- 8 compulsory common business core courses
- 8 business discipline major courses
- 8 flexible courses.
The 8 flexible courses can be selected from three options:
- a second business discipline major (8 courses)
- a compulsory business discipline minor (4 courses) + second minor (any discipline)
- a compulsory business discipline minor (4 courses) + 4 electives.
A second business major can be selected from:
- business information systems
- logistics and supply chain management
Business minors can be selected from the same disciplines as listed above, as well as economics and finance, human resource management, international business, management and sustainable enterprise.
You are advised to check detailed information about which elective and minor courses are offered each year, as well as general information about the program structure at www.rmit.edu.au/bus/academicprograms.
The following program structure(s) is an example of what students are currently studying in this program.
You will have the opportunity to apply your academic skills to a work context in work-integrated learning courses such as New Venture Creation and Intrapreneurship, and be exposed to industry mentors, case study work and enterprise formation.
Guiding the development of the College of Business, both nationally and internationally, is an Industry Advisory Board of high-profile executives chaired by Gerhard Vorster, Chief Strategy Officer, Deloitte. The Board creates a strategic bridge between the latest in technology and design thinking and business.
RMIT University is committed to providing you with an education that strongly links formal learning with professional or vocational practice.
This program has several exchange programs in place, including one with Babson College, America's premier institution in the field of entrepreneurship.
Two-week study tours during the Australian summer or winter vacations and can be credited towards your degree. There's also the opportunity for an exchange for one semester or one year, or an international work placement.
Destinations include Canada, China, France, Germany, Thailand, the USA and Vietnam.
Program entry requirements
You must have successfully completed an Australian Year 12 or an equivalent senior secondary school qualification with a minimum average of 65%.
For information on international qualifications and corresponding entry requirements that are equivalent to an Australian Year 12, see the Entry requirements by country web page.
Equivalent qualifications may also include completion of the RMIT Foundation Studies program or a recognised post secondary diploma in the relevant discipline with the required grades.
English language requirements:
To study this program you will need to complete 1 of the following English proficiency tests:
- Academic IELTS (minimum scores) overall band of 6.5 with no individual band below 6.0
- TOEFL (Paper-based): minimum score of 580 (with a Test of Written English (TWE) score of 4.5)
- TOEFL (Internet-based): minimum score of 92 with a minimum of 20 in each section
- Cambridge English (Advanced CAE): CAE Grade B
- Pearson: Minimum score of 58 (no band less than 50).
For detailed information on English language requirements and other proficiency tests recognised by RMIT, visit English language requirements.
Don't meet the English language test scores? Complete an Advanced Plus Certificate at RMIT English Worldwide.
How to apply
1. Check program entry requirements and confirm you're eligible.
2. Ensure you have your supporting documents ready - this includes certified copies of all academic transcripts.
3. Complete and submit your application using 1 of the following options:
- Apply online. Please read these important notes before proceeding.
- Print and complete the Application form for international students (PDF 315 KB 4p) and submit following the instructions on the form.
- Use a registered RMIT representative in your country.
There are no application deadlines for international students; however, we encourage you to apply early as acceptance into programs is subject to the availability of places. An application fee may apply.
Learn more about the International application process.
- In addition to tuition fees you are required to pay the Student services and amenities fee (SSAF) in each calendar year.
- All international student visa holders are required to maintain valid Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) for the total duration of their visa.
- Some programs incur additional expenses.
- Here is an estimate cost of living you can expect to pay each year.
Graduates of the following programs may be eligible to apply for exemptions:
- Advanced Diploma of Accounting
- Advanced Diploma of Advertising
- Associate Degree in Business
- Diploma of Business Administration
- Diploma of Financial Planning
- Diploma of Information Technology
- Advanced Diploma of International Business
- Diploma of Logistics
- Diploma of Management
- Advanced Diploma of Marketing.
An Honours year program is available to exceptional students.
For further information about this program, please make an enquiry.
Although RMIT endeavours to ensure the accuracy of this information, there is no guarantee it will remain accurate all year. Applicants are advised to confirm program details with the appropriate school before making an application.