eduroam setup wireless user guides
eduroam (education roaming) is the secure, world-wide roaming access service developed for the international research and education community.
eduroam allows students, researchers and staff from participating institutions to gain secure wireless access at RMIT, using the same username and password from their home institution.
RMIT students, researchers and staff
RMIT staff and students should connect using the RMIT-University wireless network while on campus.
When connecting to eduroam at a participating institution, your RMIT ID must be entered in the following format:
For setup instructions, refer to the support documentation for the institution you are visiting. Links to support guides for many participating institutions can be found in the Tools and resources section of the eduroam website.
Visiting students, researchers and staff
Access to eduroam is offered on campus at RMIT in the same locations as the RMIT-University wireless network.
Visitors to RMIT University from participating institutions can access the eduroam network using the login username and password from their home institution.
The following guides are available:
- eduroam wireless setup guide for Windows XP/Vista/7 (PDF 735 KB)
- eduroam wireless setup guide for Mac OS X 10.5 (PDF 260 KB)
- eduroam wireless setup guide for iPhone/iPod Touch (PDF 399 KB)
- eduroam wireless setup guide for Linux (PDF 510 KB)
eduroam connection resources
- SecureW2 Enterprise Client 3.1.4 for Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7 download EXE 842KB
- eduroam wireless profile for IOS 3.0+ (iPhone/iPod touch/iPad) – download XML 5.99KB.