Statute 3.10 – Adjunct professors
1. The Council may appoint Adjunct Professors on such terms and conditions as it may decide.
2. Normally a person appointed by the Council as an Adjunct Professor will be a person recognised as a person of eminence in a profession or in industry.
3. Any appointment as Adjunct Professor will be reviewed by the Council every three years.
4. An Adjunct Professor will be accorded the style, precedence and dignity of a Professor of the University.
5. Notwithstanding section 4, any person on whom the Council has conferred the title Adjunct Professor will not thereby be a member of any university body nor eligible for election to the same, unless the membership of any university body includes co-opted members in which case an Adjunct Professor may be co-opted as a member of such body.
6(a). The Council may appoint such Adjunct Associate Professors as it considers appropriate.
(b) For any appointment of an Adjunct Associate Professor under subsection (a) “Adjunct Professor” in this Statute will be read as “Associate Adjunct Professor”
7. Regulations made under this Statute will come into effect when exhibited on the official University notice boards and will remain exhibited for a period of not less than fourteen days which period will not include official University holidays.