As a global university of technology and design, RMIT brings unique capabilities to research through a transdisciplinary approach. Our academic expertise, strong links to research partners and consideration of technological and social dimensions enables us to find solutions to critical problems impacting communities and the environment.
Design, Health, Technology, Sustainability and Future Cities
Internationally recognised people, approach and resources
Institutes, Centres and Groups
World-class researchers solving complex problems
Connect with researchers to develop world-class solutions
- No sweat 13/06/2013Getting older has its benefits: experience, wisdom, perspective. Paradoxically, just when we begin to "get it together", our bodies start to slow down.
- Art and soul 13/06/2013High above Sydney's Angel Place laneway, birdcages of all shapes, sizes and colours appear to be dangling from the sky, with the calls of more than 50 birds that differ as day transitions into night.
- Keep it clean 13/06/2013When Simon Lockrey was flown to Hobart to explain life cycle assessment to staff at the Australian Antarctic Division, he didn't expect to strike such an instant chord.
- A RARE treat: Exploring the state's response to bushfire 28/06/2013Dr Richard Phillips from RMIT University presents A RARE treat: Exploring the state's response to bushfire.
- Chemosensory receptors in the cardiovascular system: do we taste with our hearts? 16/07/2013A seminar by Professor Walter G Thomas. Professor Thomas' research interest is G protein-coupled receptors and their role in cardiovascular health and disease.
- New Generation Learning Spaces 18/07/2013This one day symposium will focus on research into New Generation Learning Spaces (NGLS). PechaKucha presentations on the experience of working in NGLS will be followed by a research workshop to assist successful writing for journal publication.