Property Services is managing the construction of the Swanston Academic Building, RMIT University’s largest building to date. The facility opened on 16thJuly, 2012.
Property Services managed the landscaping of the University Lawn, which flanks the refurbished, heritage-listed Francis Ormond Building, the renovation of which was also managed by Property Services.
About Property Services
Property Services is responsible for:
- The operation, maintenance and enhancement of all owned buildings;
- The management of leased premises;
- The management of construction of new facilities and ensuring provision of associated support services in a sustainable way; and
- The maintenance and development of the external environment
In order to ensure regulatory compliance, uniformity and equity, Property Services is the only authorised provider of these services to the RMIT community.
Property Services has 106 staff.
Property Services branches
- Executive Director’s Office
- Corporate and Client Services
- Facilities Services
- Space Planning and Management
Property Services organisational charts
- Corporate and Client Services organisational chart – PDF, 234KB
- Facilities Services organisational chart – PDF, 91KB
- Projects organisational chart – PDF, 102KB
- Space Planning and Management org chart – PDF, 60KB
The RMIT Property Services Group is responsible for managing 416,981 m2 (4,488,346.129 sq feet) of Gross Floor Area over the University’s onshore sites including three major campuses located in the City, Bundoora and Brunswick. Across these sites the University occupies 120 buildings.
Of the 120 buildings, 82 are owned by RMIT University, 22 are owned by the State Minister for Education and vested with RMIT, 13 are leased, 2 are under occupancy agreements with other institutions and 1 is leased out.
The University’s land holding is 74.44 ha (183.945 acres).
The result is a diverse portfolio of properties to manage, maintain and operate.