Declaration of citizenship or immigration status
All enrolled domestic TAFE and higher education students must declare and be able to prove their current citizenship or immigration status.
When to declare
Declarations must be made before your first class census date.
Note: If you are a TAFE student in a government subsidised place you must also provide proof of eligibility before the census date of your first course.
How to declare
You can either:
- Log in to myRMIT and select the Enrolment Online link. Select the My student record button. Under Personal Details, select View name and demographic data.
- Complete a Declaration of citizenship/immigration status form (PDF 106kb 1p) and submit it at the Hub on your campus.
You will need to provide:
- Australian citizens – evidence from your birth certificate, extract of birth, Australian citizenship certificate or passport.
- Permanent residents/New Zealand citizens – evidence from your passport and visa label.
- Permanent Humanitarian Visa Holders – evidence from your passport and visa label or travel document.
- Original documentation is not required to make your declaration but must be produced on request.
- The date on which you submit your form to the Hub is the date that the University has officially received your form.
Change of status
If you have already made a declaration and this information is now incorrect or has changed, you must complete the Notification of change to citizenship/residency status form (PDF 144kb 2p).
- If you have already made a declaration and your status has not changed, you do not need to submit it again. You can check your status by logging in to myRMIT and selecting the Enrolment Online link. Select the My student record button. Under Personal Details, select View name and demographic data.
Failure to declare
- You cannot receive your RMIT student card until you have declared your citizenship or immigration status.
- If you do not make a declaration and you have an approved FEE-HELP loan or Commonwealth learning scholarship, your loan or scholarship will be withdrawn and you will have to pay your tuition fees upfront.
The Hub on your campus or call +61 3 9925 8980, Monday to Friday during business hours.